Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Meaning of Nestorine



Nestorine

A funny thing to me occurred
When I encountered a strange bird
Whilst traveling down in New Zealand's South,
Visiting a mountain range
I stopped for coffee, nothing strange,
And maybe for some food to fill my mouth...

And sitting there in that cafe
Up in the snow there came to play
Upon my car a group of nestorine
Parots big and green and keen
And curious as anything
With auto theft their preferential crime!

I'm serious my car incurred
Some damage from this sanguine bird
As they took to it with their sharpened beaks
Trying to take my car apart
As if it were a kind of art
Unique in execution and technique.

So out I went to say, "Enough!
Stop this wrecking of my stuff!"
They looked at me and quickly disobeyed,
Instead these confident Kea
Tried to steal my camera
And made off with at least one wiper blade!



No comments:

Post a Comment